Saturday, February 1, 2014

Color Is Appealing

A design that has a creative visual concept is the IKEA Spectrum by Jessica Reynolds and Serena Wise. I was drawn to it because I loved how organized the colors were. I didn't know what it was at first, but I looked closer and noticed that each “color slice” was made up of furniture that was the same color. They made it this way because they observed customers in the store and noticed that they responded to different colors. With this organized wheel it will help costumers online find what they are looking for faster. I think this is smart because I am one of the customers that find certain colors more appealing than others when it comes to furniture.


Source: D&AD and Taschen. Every Thing is Advertising and Design in the World. 9 Graphics Made: The Best Square, Vauxhall Walk, London. 2010. Print page 19.


No comments:

Post a Comment